Oldsmar is chock-full of photogenic subjects, like these colorful murals at Mobbly Bayou Wilderness Preserve.
The City of Oldsmar kicked off its annual “Show Us Your Oldsmar” photo contest on Tuesday, Mar. 20, and this year, the top three entries will net some cool cash prizes.
According to officials, photos must be of Oldsmar and be hi-resolution (300 dpi) to be considered.
They can be old or new, color or black & white, and a brief description of the photo and where it was shot must be included.
Prizes for the 2018 photo contest are as follows:
- 1st place—$200.00
- 2nd place—$100.00
- 3rd place—$50.00
Also, the winning entry as well as some runner-up photos will be used for the City’s annual Budget Report, with photo credit given.
The “Show us Your Oldsmar” photo contest runs from Tuesday, Mar. 20 through Friday, Apr. 27. The winner will receive $200.00, according to officials. (Graphic: City of Oldsmar)
In a press release, city officials explained the contest and the rules:
- Send us your best photos of Oldsmar (limit 3 per applicant).
- Old or new photos, it doesn’t matter, but must be photos of Oldsmar.
- All photos must be hi-res (300 dpi) to be considered.
- Attach a brief description of your photo(s) and where it was shot. Your photos will then be entered into our selection process.
- All entries must be digital or hard copy. (Hard copy photos will not be returned)
- Must fill out application form completely to be officially entered
- Contest winners will be notified by one of the contact methods given on application form
- Contest deadline is Friday April 27, 2018
For more information, contact Kris Hannon by phone at 813-749-1143 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is your chance, Oldsmar shutterbugs!
We can’t wait to see some of the entries and please post them on the Oldsmar Connect Facebook page where we will have an online contest as well! Whoever posts their photos to the Oldsmar Connect Facebook page and receives the most “likes” will win a special prize from Connect Online Media!