The 56th annual Oldsmar Days and Nights festival runs from Friday, Mar. 31 through Sunday, Apr. 2, 2017 at R.E. Olds Park.
The 56th annual Oldsmar Days and Nights celebration, featuring concerts, car shows and the city’s only annual community parade, takes place this Friday, Mar. 31, through Sunday, Apr. 2, at R.E. Olds Park.
Sporting a theme of “classic cars, classic rock, classic Florida,” the three-day festival is always a good time for the thousands of men, women and children that typically attend the event.
Oldsmar Days and Nights.
The headlining musical acts this year include the Greg Billings Band, Stormbringer and the Black Honkeys, and as always, there will be games, activities, arts & craft and food & drink vendors and carnival rides.
“It’s a great community event and if the weather’s good, we should have ten to twelve thousand people out there over the weekend to celebrate Oldsmar,” the Upper Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce’s Jerry Custin said during the March 21 City Council meeting.
And unlike last year, when the centennial edition of the parade had to be postponed, Mayor Doug Bevis is hopeful he won’t have to call for another cancellation on Saturday.
“I’ll do my best to not cancel the parade at the last minute like I did last year!” Bevis said.
The mayor should be able to rest easy: While the forecast is calling for possible thunderstorms on Friday, so far, Saturday looks clear.
Here’s what you need to know if you go to the 56th annual Oldsmar Days and Nights this weekend, including the complete three-day schedule:
- What: 56th annual Oldsmar Days and Nights and community parade
- When: Friday, Mar. 31, 5-11 p.m.; Saturday, Apr. 1, 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.; Sunday, Apr. 2, noon – 7 p.m. (parade is downtown at 11 a.m. on Saturday)
- Where: R.E. Olds Park, 107 Shore Drive W., Oldsmar
- Cost: Free admission and parking; all-you-can-ride wristbands, $20/$25/$50 (weekend); vendor prices vary
- Details: Classic cars, classic rock and classic Florida is what 10,000 plus festival goers will experience at Oldsmar’s longest running festival, now in its 56th year. Highlights of the three-day event include a carnival and midway, car shows on Saturday and Sunday, a community parade at 11 a.m. on Saturday, an arts & crafts show, live music from Stormbringer, the Black Honkeys, the Greg Billings band and more, plus a wing wars competition, food and drink.
- Info: Visit Oldsmardays.com or call 813-855-4233 for details.
Schedule for the 56th annual Oldsmar Days and Nights festival.