The 16th annual Safety Harbor Wine festival is this Saturday, Nov. 4 from 5-11 p.m. in downtown Safety Harbor.
There’s a break in Oldsmar’s special events calendar in November, with nothing scheduled between last month’s Top of the Bay Oktoberfest and the immensely popular Christmas Wonderland festival in December.
But there’s a big party happening right next door in Safety Harbor this weekend, as the 16th annual Wine Festival will see Main Street filled with thousands of revelers soaking up sights, sounds and more than 100 brands of vino.
Oldsmar Mayor Doug Bevis at the 2015 Safety Harbor Wine Festival.
Wine Fest, as its commonly called, is one of the biggest events of its kind in the Tampa Bay area, drawing more than 14,000 attendees in its heyday after being founded by local merchants in 2002.
According to officials Wine Fest has raised more than $400,000 for local charities since its inception, and the event always draws a large number of adults, many from nearby Oldsmar, to the city’s picturesque downtown district.
“I’m not a big wine guy, but I love the event,” Oldsmar Mayor Doug Bevis told Oldsmar Connect this week.
“It’s been a staple of Safety Harbor for a long time,” he added, noting he has attended the festival several times. “The time of year is perfect for this type of event, and I always enjoy going.”
This year, Wine Fest will feature live jazz and rock music from four stages set up along Main Street, including headliners the Brown Bag Brass band from Orlando at the John Wilson Park Gazebo at 4th and Main beginning at 8:00 p.m.
The Safety Harbor Wine Festival, featuring more than 100 brands of vino, is strictly an adults-only affair.
In addition, Wine Fest will offer fine arts and crafts vendors, more than 100 types of wine for $5.00 per glass ($10 for premium pours) as well as beer, water and soda.
Local merchants will remain open late to accommodate the revelers, and be sure to check out the Connect Online Media Red Carpet Photo Booth at 228 Main Street for a cool photo backdrop at the event!
“Wine Festival is one of Safety Harbor’s most exciting and best attended events of the year,” Safety Harbor Mayor Joe Ayoub said.
“It is sure to bring out many Safety Harbor residents along with many non-residents from outside the city.”
“We will have numerous volunteers and vendors set up along Main St to make sure this event is the most spectacular wine festival ever so be sure to come out and have a great time!”
Here’s what you need to know if you’re going to the Safety Harbor Wine Fest:
- What: 16th Annual Safety Harbor Wine Festival presented by Burgess Heating and Air
- When: Saturday, Nov. 4, 2017 from 5-11 p.m.
- Where: Main Street, Downtown Safety Harbor
- Details: The Safety Harbor Wine Festival features more than 100 brands of vino and attracts thousands of visitors to the city’s downtown district each year. The festival offers live rock and jazz music on four stages along Main Street, plus food and beverage vendors and arts and crafts tents, and most of the bars, restaurants and retail shops will be open late, as well. And don’t forget to visit the Connect Online Media Red Carpet VIP photo booth, located at 228 Main Street next to Nolan’s Pub!
- Cost: Free admission; Beer and wine tickets cost $5.00 each, with premium pours available for $10. NOTE: Tickets must be purchased to obtain beer and wine. Vendors do not accept cash.
- Parking/road closures: Free parking is available in any of the public lots downtown (see map), at the Safety Harbor Marina as well as on side streets where permitted. NOTE: Main Street will be closed from 8th Avenue to Bayshore Boulevard from noon until midnight.
- Info: 727-724-1572; cityofsafetyharbor.com